rss

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chain of Memories - Chapter 9







REMINISCENCE

"Excuse me," Changmin said, slightly irritated. Jaejoong's left hand covered the page where the names of the constellations they are assigned to look for are indicated. He seemed impervious to Changmin’s remarks.

Getting impatient and frustrated at Jaejoong, Changmin brushed Jaejoong’s left hand aside with his own hand with more force than necessary.

Yoochun didn’t fail to notice this. He immediately told Yunho what happened.

“I knew these kind of things would happen,” Yunho said to Yoochun. “In fact, I dreamt of something similar to this yesternight.”

“Oh, really,” Yoochun replied.

“He he. I know you don’t believe in what I just said,” Yunho responded.

“Good. We’re clear on that, then,” Yoochun answered, laughing.

Then suddenly, someone shouted. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?”










Everyone in the class stopped their activities. Even the professor stopped in his tracks, who went around the place to check on students.

Everyone was looking at the direction of Jaejoong and Changmin. It was Jaejoong who shouted.

“That one was for you being deaf. I keep on telling you that your hand blocks the page, and what really annoyed me was that you seem to ignore each and every remark that I make,” Changmin countered.

“If that really annoys you then look for someone else to share the book with you,” Jaejoong glared at Changmin.

“Oh sure, I was planning to, anyway. As if I wanted to share with YOU in the first place,” Changmin retorted.

“Really, I was under the impression that you yourself decided to share with me just so you can be near Robe--”

And then it happened. The next moment, Jaejoong was lying on the floor with blood in his lips. Changmin just landed a punch in his face just before he finished his sentence.

Yunho and Yoochun immediately restrained Changmin, who just went berserk.

“Release me. I’m going to kill that guy. Release me,” Changmin yelled at the two, who just focused on restraining him.

“Changmin, relax,” Yoochun said, soothing his friend.

“Really, you’re so strong you needed two guys to restrain you, and you just made it even look like a very hard business,” Yunho said.

When they felt that Changmin was getting relaxed, they released their hold on him.

“Are you alright?” Robedith asked Jaejoong as she helped him stand up.

“Yes,” Jaejoong said, wiping the blood from his lips.

“You’re hurt,” Robedith said as she traced Jaejoong’s lips with her fingers. Then, she kissed him.

Changmin closed his eyes. He was trembling, and he knows more than anyone that it’s not because of anger. He then ran toward the stairs and went down.

Yoochun said, as he watched Changmin run, “Good thing we have these fences here. If not, well, I can’t imagine what.”

Yunho replied, “We will probably be collecting Changmin’s scattered brains on the grounds by now.”

Yoochun elbowed him and responded, “Hey now is not the time for jokes.”

“Yeah, I know, let’s go to him.” The two then followed Changmin downstairs.

“You think we can catch up with him?” Yoochun asked.

“No,” Yunho replied, “but we have to try.”

Upstairs, the professor said, “Alright guys, five minutes to go. You should have accomplished your star charts already.”

The students went to work again, annoyed. One said, “Why do we search for these stars anyway? Will I win the lottery if I found Orion?” Another said, “I found the freakin’ Big Dipper, and it got some chocolates in it. Who wants to dip?” Another exclaimed, “Sir! Sir! It’s a UFO!”

The professor approached the boy while saying, “I know you’re joking,” but still went to look at the telescope.

“It’s the freakin’ moon, you freakin’ student,” said the professor to everyone’s amusement.

“Sir, why didn’t you stop them? Min and Jae?” asked the same guy who found the moon in his telescope.

“Well, I just love some action,” said the professor.

“Stupid,” muttered the student.


Changmin ran as fast as he could, as he knew that Yoochun and Yunho were following. At top speed, he knew the two wouldn’t be able to catch up with him. The place where he was headed was not even known by the two, but he still ran at top speed.

He was crying.

Then he reached his destination – a lake. He slowed down as he approached his favorite place there – under a tall Molave tree. He sat down and leaned on the tree.

He tried to calm himself, but miserably failed to do so. Exhaustion and sadness overwhelmed him.

Tears flowed nonstop onto his cheeks. “Why?” he asked himself. “Why should this happen to me? What was wrong with me? Do I really deserve this? Why?” He trembled.

He first met Robedith in the school’s cafeteria when they were in their first year. Changmin was busy playing with his PSP while walking that he crashed with someone who held a cup of lemon juice in her hand, which spilled into the gadget and to his face.

“Hey, watch where you’re going, mate. What if my PSP-” Changmin stopped short when he saw the face of the girl in front of him.

“I’m so sorry. Are you alright?” The girl fetched a handkerchief in her pocket and wiped Changmin’s face with it. “I’m really sorry, I was lost in my thoughts that I failed to notice you. I’m sorry.”

But Changmin just stood there, stupefied. “An angel?” he asked himself. “An angel in a place like this?”

Then suddenly, someone pushed Changmin forward. The next moment, the two were on the floor.


Changmin was on top of the girl.

Their lips made contact.

Changmin felt embarrassed as he 



immediately




stood up and helped the girl to stand.




“I’m sorry,” Changmin blurted out. He turned around and saw his friend Yunho behind him, roaring in laughter.

“We’re talking,” Changmin said angrily to Yunho as he took the latter by the arm. Yunho stopped laughing.

“Oh no, the death grip,” Yunho said, alarmed. He tried to release himself from Changmin’s grip even though he knew it was useless to even think about it.

The girl just watched them go. She, too, was stunned with what happened.

After the incident, Changmin sought her out to ask properly for an apology. He found her and asked if he could treat her to lunch. She agreed.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

BlogCatalog

Plurk