rss

Thursday, February 4, 2010

February is the Single Awareness Month. ^^



It's February! Love is finally in the air! And I don't care. 'Cause I'm single. No bitterness, though. ^^

Yes, I wish I really have someone to share the Valentines Day with. It's been almost two years since I felt the love of someone I loved. I miss the feeling already. But not much that I'm desperate.

The thing is, I'm still enjoying the days of being single. It's fun, really. Yes, the love isn't there, but it's fun in it's own way. You probably understand me if you're good-looking. If you're a girl, seeing the faces of guys you don't know staring at you is flattering, right? Though it's kinda frightening, maybe that guy is brewing some evil plans that have something to do with you.

And if you're on the other side of the fence, a guy like me, it's FUN!

It's quite amazing, the fact that ladies you don't know and don't even know you are interested to know you. (get that?) Maybe she'll ask for your contact number. If she's shy, she'll think of other ways to get you. Maybe her friends will help. One of them will approach you asking your number, saying it's a request from her (points to the girl).

Or during travels. Just like my experience a while ago. I boarded a jeepney, the Philippines' main public utility vehicle, to go home as always. Then when I took my seat, I saw this girl seating opposite of me tuck her hair behind her ear. She looked at me for a short time, then she turned away because our eyes met. It's quite embarrassing for me, and amusing too! ^^

Well, if you're the kind of guy that is used to these kind of things, congratulations to you. Me? No. I'm not used to these things at all, but I'm learning. It's been almost three years since I started catching the admiration of girls. Before late 2007, I'm never a girls' attention-catcher. Everything changed in the year 2007. During November, to be precise.

I won in a very popular contest in my high school. It's called 'The Search For Mr. and Ms. ValSci 2007, something that is always looked forward to by the students. Lots of people are surprised that I'm gonna represent my section. I don't blame them. I don't look good much during those times. For me, at least. I didn't volunteer. My classmates voted for me. The thing is, nobody knows that I really wanted to join in it and win. Why? Because of an incident during my junior year that shattered my pride. When my section was deciding for who will be our representative for the same contest, there are only two nominations. Actually it's already decided who, but our adviser nominated me, of all people. So the voting came, and everybody voted for the other guy. I know he's handsome, but still, it seemed like all of my classmates didn't see me worthy of their vote. It's so sad, so I promised to myself that next year that I'm gonna join. I did, and I won. ^^

Then it started. Girls. Girls. Girls. ^^ Getting popular, eh? I'm still not good at handling these kinds of issues, though. But I try to improve.

Having the ability to flirt with any girl is, in my opinion, fun. You get to know a lot of girls too, if you're single and good-looking, that is. ^^

But still, nothing can beat the feeling of being loved by someone you love.

So, Happy Valentines to all the couples out there! May you and your partner be strong through the years, and I hope you'll end up being married. It will be nice if there will be less heartbreaks in the world. ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

BlogCatalog

Plurk