rss

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chain of Memories Chapter 15 - The Beginning









"Sorry Robe, the beautiful," said Changmin, grinning.

"That's all. Min, you clean the dishes," said Jeff.

"Why me?" complained Changmin.

"Okay," Jeff replied. "Robedith, if you please-"

"Coming up!" Changmin said hurriedly, taking up their plates and glasses. Robedith laughed.

After washing the dishes, the three spent the rest of the morning talking on the garden at the back of the house. They talked mostly about Junsu's marriage tomorrow. They put up theories after theories when Changmin asked, "How did you think Neru fell for Junsu? I mean, he's the same as me. Immature."



"No he's not," said Jeff. "He grew up already, something somebody's having a hard time doing."

"I wonder who," Robedith said, laughing.

"Isn't this all about Junsu?" said Changmin. Jeff and Robedith laughed.

They talked about Junsu and Neru again. Theories after theories were formulated by the three.

"Don't you remember once," said Changmin, "When Junsu was quiet the whole day?"

"No I don't," Jeff said.

"Me neither," added Robedith.

"Junsu's really acting weird that day. You can't even get a word out of him. I think that's the first time I saw Junsu and Neru together," Changmin explained.

"Curious," said Jeff.

"Maybe they got some connection during that day. You know Neru. She never uttered a word after his first boyfriend dumped him. She doesn't even recite in class."

"As if she needed to. She’s genius," said Jeff.

"And why do you know a lot about her?" teased Changmin.

"So, maybe that's how they fell in love. They probably understood each other," said Jeff.

"We'll find that out later at the party," said Robedith.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Hyung, what are your plans after the, uhmm, marriage?" asked Changmin nervously.

“Junsu’s? Or yours?” Jeff asked.

“Mine,” Min replied.

"Hmmm. Honestly, I don't know. Maybe I'd stay here. Maybe I'd go out of the country. It all depends on my work," Jeff replied.

"Will you be alright? You'll be alone here," said Changmin.

"I'll be alright. Don't worry about me," said Jeff.

"I told you," said Robedith. "He's all grown up and matured already. He can live by himself. Unlike somebody I know."

"And I'm pretty sure we have the same 'somebody' in mind, Robe?" said Jeff, laughing.

"What is it today? Both of you are picking on me," Changmin complained. All three of them laughed.

“Min, what you should worry about, instead of me, is you and Robe. This isn’t a trivial matter,” Jeff said.

“But you promised to help, right?” Min replied.

“Sure I did,” Jeff responded.

"Thanks hyung! Hey Robe, shouldn't you be getting home now? It's 1 p.m. already. The party will be held at 6 p.m. right?" Jeff asked Robedith.

"Yeah, I should go now. I still need to get rid of these dark eye circles, and I don't know which dress I would wear. Did Junsu specify the attire?" asked Robedith.

"No, he didn't," replied Changmin. "He said it's up to us, though he would prefer our attires to be a little bit formal.

"Oh, okay. I'm going. Jeff, thank you. It was very nice to be here."

"You're always welcome here," said Jeff, smiling.

She then turned to Changmin. "Thanks. Honey," said Robedith, "see you later." She kissed him, much to Jeff's amusement.

"Should I pick you up later?" Min asked.

"No. I'll see you at Junsu's."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"Be careful."

"You too honey." Robedith started to go.

"Be careful," reminded Jeff.

"I will. You two, too. See you guys later."

It took three minutes for Robedith to reach her house. After she parked her car, she observed her house. She didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in the place.

"Maybe I'm just thinking too much," she said to herself. She went in and closed the door. Something fell on the floor, which went unnoticed. Robedith carefully observed the inside of the house. Still nothing out of the ordinary. She felt relaxed.

"I really am thinking too much," she said. She went to the bedroom and, setting the alarm clock to 4:30 p.m, went to sleep.

After three hours and 20 minutes, the alarm went off. Robedith went up and proceeded to the bathroom. She stared at herself in the mirror there.

"Damn these dark circles," she uttered at she looked at her eyes in pity.

She filled the tub with water and added sachets of powdered milk.

"A milk bath will surely be preferable for today." She undressed and submerged into the tub for half an hour. She then went to her closet and retrieved her purple gown - one that she still hasn’t used. She then dressed up and put on her makeup.

"Nice. The pretty little gown did her pretty little job," she said, turning around in front of the mirror.

At 5:30 pm, she’s ready. She headed for the door. Before she made it out of the house, however, she noticed something on the ground.

"Hmmmm?"

It's a white envelope.

"I didn't notice this before." she opened it. Inside is a letter.

She read the letter.

Then, the letter just fell out of her hands. She stood still, barely moving. Maybe not even breathing.

"Get a hold of yourself girl, get a hold of yourself," somebody in her mind told herself.

She's losing her consciousness, but she gets a good grip of herself, which took too much effort. She was in horror.

"When did this came here?" "Who sent this?" "How come I didn't notice it earlier?" "Did it come when I'm asleep?" Lots of questions ushered on her mind, streaming endlessly, preventing her from thinking clearly.

Her heart's beating like mad now. When she's reading the letter, she thought it stopped. But now, it's throbbing. As if wanting to get out. As if it's going to explode.

She's at a loss. She doesn’t know what to do. She can't think properly.

She started to cry.

She's in shock for a whole ten minutes. Finally she regained herself. She frantically opened her bag and searched for her phone. It's not there. She ran into the house, inside her room. She searched for it.

5:43 p.m.

"Where the hell is it? Damn."

She threw the pillows here and there in search for the phone. Not in the bedroom. She went to the bathroom. No, it's not in there, too.

"Oh, God please help me."

She's practically running inside the house in search for the phone, her vision blurred with tears. Finally, she saw it. At the table, in the sala.

5:53 p.m.

She immediately dialled Min's number.

"Oh, God. Honey please answer! Please!"

After a long series of beep, the other end of the line said, "Hello?"

The one who answered was a girl.

"Eh? Sabrina?"

"Yes, it's me. What's wrong Robe?"

"Sorry, we'll talk later." Robedith hung up. She dialled the number while her hand was shaking. That's probably why she dialled the wrong number.

She tried to calm herself.

5:54 p.m.

"Inhale.... Exhale.... Inhale... Exhale..."

She repeated the exercise until her hands were shaking no more.

Then she dialled Min's number.

She waited. No answer.

"Please."

No answer.

"Honey, please answer."

No answer.

5:55 p.m.

She sobbed.

No answer.

She dialled again.

No answer.

She then gave up. She went to the door. She picked the letter up and place it her bag. Then, she ran to her car.

"God please let me make it in time."

She dialled Changmin's number again.

It’s 6:00 p.m.

There's still no answer.

-------------------------------

Jeff is driving the car. Jeff insisted that Changmin should be the one to drive because it's his car, but Changmin refused profusely.

"Hey hyung, I think I left something at the house."

Jeff said, "What?"

"My phone."

"Really? Should we head back?" asked Jeff.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

BlogCatalog

Plurk