rss

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Luxury

In case you do not know, the United States of America is under financial crisis since 2007. Yes, it is true - the most powerful country in the world is under a great recession, resulting to a rise in the unemployment rate and even affecting the global economy.

During this time, the world saw the rise of China as one of the major players - they even grew almost as powerful as the United States. So powerful that the two countries - USA and China - formed an alliance in making solutions to global problems. The Chinese call this rise to power "China's Peaceful Rice". Errr, sorry. it is 'Rise', not 'Rice', in case you did notice it. Another proof of power is when China warned President Obama to cancel a meeting with someone labeled by them as a 'dangerous separatist'. I mean, who would have the guts to order President Obama around? Well, only the powerful, maybe.



And this blog post is in no connection with the rise of China whatsoever. It does have some little connection with the recession. Well, ever since the improvement of the financial stability of the country, ultra affluent shoppers - which are those who have never been affected by the recession to begin with - started to show how rich they still are.

So let's see what the rich are buying now.

Miss Viv by Roger Vivier

Well, this simple looking bag is, well, simple-looking. It is something that you would probably see on someone with a simple taste in fashion. I put this at $50 - $100.

-----------

What! This is a $13,000 bag? Holy cow! 

-----------

Yes people, it is true. This costs for $13,000. Well, its simplicity really does not reflect its price. Actually, this is the 'it bag' of the season. 'It bag' is a term used to describe a brand or type of high-priced designer handbag that becomes a popular best-seller. Best seller? It's something that I can't afford! Come on!


Lucite Shoes by Prada

Now that looks like something expensive. Shoes with crystal detailing, it is dubbed as the "chandelier" shoes. Yeah, it's pretty. You want one? Prepare to spend a whopping $1,200 for this glamorous shoes. For your information, a pair of this shoe costs almost the same as my laptop. ^_^



"The Ear Candy" by Ivanka Trump

A heiress turned mogul, Trump launched a fine jewelry collection in 2006 - a collection that is classic with modern twists. Pieces from this collection boast a price tag of $450 up to $2,000,000. Yeah, with the six zeros. T.T

Well, this 18K white gold medium signature oval pave diamond drop earrings is nowhere near two million dollars. Just a lame $10,500. :D


Diamond Encrusted Sunglasses by Sama

I never looked good with sunglasses. Well, it's not that I have even tried wearing one. I don't know, I'm just not comfortable with sunglasses. But if you would buy this one for me, then I would gladly wear it, amid the nausea and all those stuffs.

Cost? $25,000. Hell.


The Blazer by Christophe Decarnin

Forget the sunglasses.

This is what I want! This is so cool! This is what I want! This is so cool!

Okay, stop. I'm being excessively repetitive. But isn't this cool? I mean, I'm pretty sure I'll look good with it. Ha ha.

This ultra cool Balmain cotton canvas studded military blazer is available at balmain.com. At $6,500.




Well, that's it! If you decided to purchase one for me, just send me a pm and I would be more than glad to give you my address. Yep, the sunglasses and the ultra cool blazer will do. Thanks! :)

Credits to Forbes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

BlogCatalog

Plurk