rss

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chain of Memories - Chapter 5

AS LONG AS THIS HEART OF MINE BEATS

After finishing their dinner, the manager re-entered the VIP room.

"Sir, all is prepared. The limo's waiting outside," said the manager.

"Thank you," Changmin replied.

"Where are we going?" asked Robedith.

"It's a secret," Changmin said.

The pianist finished playing 'Tifa's Theme'. Changmin and Robedith applauded.

"That's beautiful," said Robedith.

"Very," added Changmin.

"Thank you," replied the pianist. "Here, sir."

The pianist handed Changmin a black cloth.

"What's that for?" asked Robedith.


"It's a blindfold," said Changmin.

"For whom?"

"For you."

When Changmin finished putting the blindfold in Robedith, he said, "We're going, hold on to my hand. I'll guide you."

"When will I let go?" asked Robedith.

"Whenever you feel like letting go."

"But I want to stay like this forever," whispered Robedith.

Changmin blushed. "And so do I. But we should get going."

Changmin gave an envelope to the pianist. "Sorry, that's not much."

"Thank you for your generosity, sir," said the pianist.

"If I may make a request, I want you to be the pianist in our wedding. Is that asking for too much?" Changmin said.

"It will be a pleasure, sir. I'll be there."

"You're the best pianist that I met. I want you to play 'Tifa's Theme' in our wedding.

"No problem, sir. That song happens to be my favorite, also. And it will be wonderful to play it for the union of two beautiful souls."

"Thank you." Changmin proceeded to the door while guiding Robedith. He saw the manager standing beside a sleek black limo.

"I think the car's too much," Changmin commented while staring at the car.

"No worries, sir. This is a bonus. My heart was so touched by you two. This is free."

"Really? Well, thanks a lot!" Changmin said.

"You're always welcome, sir. Now, if you must."

The manager opened the door. Changmin guided Robedith to the car.

"Careful," Changmin reminded Robedith.

When both of them are in the car, the manager closed the door. The car started to run.

"To where will be our destination, honey?" Robedith insisted.

"I told you, it's a secret."

"If you don't tell me, I'll kiss you."

"Go ahead, do whatever you like." Changmin is laughing. How can she kiss him with a blindfold on?

Then suddenly, Robedith's lips found Changmin's.

After an eternity, they separated. Changmin held Robedith's hand.

"I love you," Changmin said.

"I may be saying this a million times already, but I know I won't get tired for another million. I love you, honey," Robedith said.

Then they heard the driver through the speaker say, "We're here, sir."

Changmin said, "Let's go."

The driver proceeded to open the door. Changmin guided Robedith outside the car.

They were on a hill. The sky is clear - stars embelishing the blue night sky, the wind gently whispering in their ears, scents of roses filling in their nostrils, the full moon beautifying the whole scenery.

"Perfect," thought Changmin.

"Where are we?" asked Robedith.

"You'll see. Sit down first."

The limo left. When both of them were seated, Changmin took a glance at his watch. It's 8:59PM.

"Perfect timing," he thought. He removed Robedith's blindfold and place it in his pocket. Robedith is adjusting with the scenery.

"Look up the sky, honey."

And when she did, fireworks enveloped the sky. Showers of blue, pink, and purple lights hovered above them. Fireworks of such beauty that it can compete with the grandeur of the stars in a clear night sky. Mesmerizing. Radiating. Blazing. Captivating.

Robedith started crying again. Changmin took her hand, looked straight into Robedith's eyes, and, as the fireworks died, said, "I love you honey. Honestly, I cannot imagine how my life would be if I never knew you - if I never loved you. Whenever I try to think about it my heart aches. My feelings for you are so great I can feel it flowing in my body. It's something uncontrollable, as if I ever tried controlling it."

"You probably don't know how much you mean to me.. how much you changed my life.. how much I love you."

"You showed me how wonderful life can be - how wonderful life really is."

"The world is beautiful already, with Jeff-hyung colouring the leaves, the skies, the clouds, everything, even if our parents were taken away from us. I already decided that life is wonderful."

"Until I found you. The colours seemed more vibrant, more dazzling, and more beautiful than they ever were. I always thought you are magical."

"That's why I'm afraid. What if I lose you? What if you're done with me? What if you left me hanging? What if--." A tear fell down on Changmin's cheek. Robedith wiped it off with her thumb.

Changmin continued, "I'm afraid to lose you. The nights when that thought filled my head - I can't really remember how I went through those."

"That's why I told myself - as long as this heart of mine beats, I will care for you. I will show you how great my love for you is. I will love you in ways you can't imagine. I will hold onto you forever."

"As long as the stars in the sky shines, as long as water flows in the rivers and into the seas, as long as the wind whispers to our ears, as long as the moon sheds its light during the dark-"

"As long as eternity, I will love you."

"I will always love you even if you don't want me to, even if destiny dictates me not to.”

“I will always love you even if the stars lose their shine, even if the oceans all run dry, even if the world stops spinning, even if the waters stop flowing onto the sea."

“The mind may forget as time goes, but the heart won't, as destiny flows. Your face, your voice, your love, engraved deep within my soul. Inside my chain of memories, everything lies as a whole.”






Next : Chapter 6 - A Walk Underneath the Stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

BlogCatalog

Plurk